I don’t think you need an introduction to TCS, but it seems you need some introduction about TCS digital hiring and how the exam possibly be. If the answer is “YES”, then keep reading.
In this article, I’ll be sharing with you the Digital test pattern and what you must prepare for. A lot of candidates who have qualified for attending the Digital Test is still in a confusion. No one actually has an answer about the Test pattern or the question pattern. That’s why I’m writing this article, to make you ready for the huge change and also preparing me for the same. LOL, I’m also attending the Digital Test this month. So let’s don’t waste any more time and start the real test.
Before we start I think you guys need a motivation and I know just want to do to motivate you. Most of you guys will be aware of TCS Ninja, if not it is a package offered by TCS and the candidates who are selected are given the post of Asst. System Engineer. TCS Ninja has a package of 3.36 Lakhs per annum, but what TCS Digital gives its employees(Freshers) is pretty fascinating. They provide a package of INR 7 Lakhs per annum for a BTech student and 7.2 Lakh for MTech.
TCS Digital Recruitment Process 2018 has changed this year and the test duration has been increased. The test will be hosted by TCSiON services. The Test has six groups – English, Quantitative Aptitude, Lateral Thinking, Agility, Programming Logic and Advanced Coding. The total duration of the test is for 180 minutes. Below table shows the duration allotted for every section, number of questions and order of appearance.
Now let us discuss in detail about each of the sections.
Section 1: English
This section contains Multiple Choice Questions(MCQ), each carries negative marking for every wrong answer. There are two different types of questions in this section and they are as follows:
- You will be provided 4 different sentences or set of sentences marked as A,B,C and D. You have to find the order of these sentences to make it meaningful.
- You will be given a sentence with a highlighted word or phrase. All you have to do is to find the correct option which has the same meaning and usage.
Section 2: Quantitative Aptitude
This section assesses the mathematical, analytical and logical aptitude of the candidate. Here also its MCQ and Fill Up the Blanks(FUB) Questions. MCQ question carries negative marking for every wrong answer whereas FUB questions will not carry any negative marking.
The questions can be from the following topics:
- Permutations and Combinations
- Basic counting techniques
- Principle of inclusion and exclusion
- Permutations and combinations of non-distinct objects
- Elementary partitions
- Simple combinatorial probability
- Conditional probability
- Divisibility by prime numbers
- Elementary modulo arithmetic
- Elementary algebra
- Expansions using the Binomial theorem
- Roots of polynomials
- Relations between roots and coefficients
- Averages, Mean, median and mode
- Time and distance related concepts
- Elementary Geometry,
- Pythagoras theorem
- Congruence and similarity of triangles
- Area and circumference of a circle
- Elementary trigonometry
- Basic algorithmic thinking
Section 3: Lateral Thinking
This section contains 7 questions. Here your thinking skills are tested to its limit. There will be 3 different styles for the questions:
- Grouping of Pictures form a set of 16 pictures
- Identifying technologies from a given paragraph
- Interpreting the picture
Section 4: Agility
This section contains two types of questions. It has one application based question and one coding question(Coding language must be Java).
Note: Please learn using of API in java
Section 5: Programming Logic
This section contains Multiple Choice Questions(MCQ) and Fill Up the Blanks Questions . MCQ question carries negative marking for every wrong answer whereas FUB questions will not carry any negative marking. The aim of this section is to test the basic programming knowledge of the candidate. The type of are:
- Identify the functionality of the code.
- Identify the bug in the code
- Conceptual question involving these algorithm/ data structures
List of Topics:
- Binary tree
- Search algorithms – searching an array, tree traversal
- Common sort algorithms
- Time & space complexity of these algorithms
- Dynamic programming
Section 6: Advanced Coding
This section contains only 1 Question. You may choose the language in which you would want to code. Choose the language of your preference( only one language is allowed) by clicking on the corresponding checkbox.
Sectional Cut-Off :
TCS Digital sample questions here – Link
This is what the Digital Test will be like. A few changes may be observed in the real examination, but most probably this will be the pattern. I suggest you guys download the sample paper and try solving it yourself. In the examination, you are allowed to use the on-screen calculator to fasten your calculations.
That’s it, this is everything that I wanted to say. Now all you have to do is prepare and conquer. Wishing all the candidates the very best, try your best. If you have any doubts or need clarification on any topic, do comment below.
Once again, All the very Best 🙂